Segmatic Website Privacy Statement
The Segmatic website (the "Website") is operated by Subrosa Limited trading as Segmatic with a registered address of 2 Cremorne, Knocklyon, Dublin 16, Ireland ("Segmatic", "we", "us" and "our").
Segmatic uses your information ("Personal Data") in line with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 (together "Data Protection Laws"). This Website Privacy Statement (the"Statement") sets out the basis on which we use, process, store or disclose any Personal Data detailed below that we collect from you or that you provide to us through the Website. The information provided by you will be held by us as a controller.
- Overview Of This Statement
The Personal Data We Process
We collect and process the following Personal Data from you:Device InformationWhen using the Website or availing of services related to the Website, personal information is collected from you by Segmatic. This may include information about:
- your device browser including your IP address; the type of device you used to access the internet; whether you reached the Website using a search engine or if you clicked a link on another website; and other information derived from cookies used on the Website
- details of your visits to the Website such as traffic data, location data and linked websites that you can access through the Website ("Linked Websites").
You can choose to provide us with the following Personal Data:Query InformationYou may choose to give us additional information such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, location, phone number and other details when contacting us and submitting enquiries through the Website's "Get In Touch" form.CV InformationYou may choose to give us additional information such as your name, address, email address, university education, professional qualifications, previous employment and other details when applying for vacancies advertised on the Website by emailing your CV to us. If you provide us with this information, we will keep a record of this information for as long as is necessary to deal with your application. Please see section 6, HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR.
We may obtain the following Personal Data about you from other third parties:Third Party Information
- We may receive limited information about you from social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, when you interact with us via such platforms. This includes information such as details of how you shared our Website via the social media resources on the Website.
- How And Why We Use Your Personal Data
- To provide you with access to the Website and to allow you to use the Website.
Legitimate InterestsIt is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to collect and process these Personal Data for the purposes of improving and monitoring website efficiency and enhancing your use of the Website, and to respond to any queries or requests submitted by you regarding the Website or to process and respond to CVs and/or job applications submitted by you to Segmatic.Responding to queries
- Device Information
- Query Information
- To provide a relevant respond to your requests (including requests for Whitepaper downloads and Account Analyser requests) providing the materials and information you have requested.
- To process and respond to any enquiries or requests such as customer support you submit to us by email.
- To process and respond to any CVs and/or job applications you submit to us.
- To provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of the Website.
- To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic data and demographic patterns.
- To provide you with our Whitepapers downloads, general news from Segmatic, discounts and other promotional offers, invitations to our events and other communications from Segmatic deemed to be of probable interest(please note that you may opt-out of receiving such marketing information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
To Defend, Establish or be a Party to Legal ClaimsWe may process your Personal Data as necessary in order for us to establish, investigate, exercise or defend a legal claim to which you are a party.
- Device Information
- Query Information
- CV Information
- Third Party Information
- To investigate, establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Contact Information
- Device Information
- Third Party Information
- CV Information
- Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We will disclose your Personal Data to some or all of the following recipients:Segmatic Group Companies
- Members and shareholders of the Segmatic Group.
- Internal business units within the Segmatic Group.
- Regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies (where we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request).
- To protect the rights, property or safety of the Segmatic Group, our customers, or others.
- External advisors e.g. lawyers, accountants and auditors (as necessary to protect Segmatic's legitimate and legal interests in the performance of business/financial affairs).
- Service providers for logistical and IT service purposes, and to provide our customer service infrastructure.
- Buyers and Sellers of business assets (if Segmatic or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers and website users will be one of the transferred assets.
- Transfers Of Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be stored and transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We only transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA where the EU Commission has decided that the third country in question ensures an adequate level of protection in line with EU data protection standards (i.e. that an adequacy decision has been granted in the country's favour) or there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data. If you would like to find out more about the appropriate safeguards that we have in place to govern the transfer of your Personal Data you can contact us at email@example.com.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will always do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will endeavour to use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Data For
In general, we will keep your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained from the date of collection or, where you enter into a contractual arrangement with us, following the end of the performance of our contract (which may be up to 7 years in some cases).
Please note that in certain circumstances, we may hold your data for a longer period, for example, if we are processing an ongoing claim or believe in good faith that the law or a relevant regulator may reasonably in our view expect or require us to preserve your Personal Data.
- Your Rights And How To Exercise Them
You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data under the Data Protection Laws as set out in the table below. In particular these rights include the right to object to processing of your Personal Data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests. Note that in certain circumstances these rights might not be absolute.RightFurther InformationRight of Access
Right to Erasure
- You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data held by us about you.
- We will only charge you for making such an access request where we find your request is unjustified or excessive.
Right to Restriction of Processing
- You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data where:
- it is no longer necessary to perform the contract;
- you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis permitting us to process your Personal Data;
- you object to the processing and we have no overriding legitimate grounds;
- your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed;
- or it must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
Right to Data Portability
- You have the right to ask us to restrict processing your Personal Data in the following situations:
- where you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data;
- where the processing is unlawful and you do not want us to delete your Personal Data;
- where we no longer need your Personal Data for the purposes of processing but you require the data in relation to a legal claim;
- or where you have objected to us processing your Personal Data pending verification as to whether or not our legitimate interests override your interests or in connection with legal proceedings.
Right to Object
- You have the right to receive any Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your Personal Data directly to another data controller where this is technically feasible.
- This right only arises where we process your Personal Data on the legal bases of your consent or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you.
Right to Withdraw Consent
- You have a right to object at any time to the processing of your Personal Data where we process your Personal Data on the legal basis of pursuing our legitimate interests.
- This right only exists where the basis relied on is consent. You may withdraw consent at any time.
You can exercise any of these rights by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will provide you with information on any action taken upon your request in relation to any of these rights without undue delay within 1 month of receiving your request. We may extend this up to 2 months if necessary however we will inform you if this arises. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity when you seek to exercise any of your data protection rights.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission by emailing email@example.com.
- Changes To This Statement & Questions
This Statement will be regularly reviewed and may be amended and updated from time to time as necessary.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the way your Personal Data are being used or processed by Segmatic, please submit your question, comment or concern in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.