Subrosa Limited trading as Segmatic ("Segmatic") respects the privacy of all visitors to our website.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
A cookie is a small file (consisting of letters and numbers) that we store on your browser or elsewhere on your device.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable us to provide certain features, such as automatic forwarding to the least busy server. Strictly necessary cookies are used to collect session ID and authentication data. They are “session” cookies, which expire when you close your browser session.
- Google Analytics.We use Google Analytics, a third-party web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"), to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it’s meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. Google Analytics uses its own persistent cookie, which expires two years after it is placed on your device, which facilitates an analysis of your use of our website. The information about your use of our website created by the cookie (including your IP address) is then transferred to, and stored by, a server of Google in the USA. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our website, compile reports on your activities and provide further data relating to website and Internet use. Google will transfer this information to third parties if prescribed by law or to the extent those third parties are commissioned by Google to process the data. Further Information about Google Analytics is available here.
- Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, including (where applicable) greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Re-Targeting Cookies.These cookies remember information regarding your use of our site so that we can serve promotional and other targeted information to you on other sites.
The purposes and expiry of our cookies
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
The purposes and expiry of our cookies
Some cookies that have been set on our websites are not related to Segmatic. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, a social networking site, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser.
We do not control the use of these cookies as cookies can only be accessed by the party that originally set them. Below is a list of the third-party cookies in use on our website:
Segmatic uses conversion tracking/remarketing functionality provided by Twitter, Facebook, Google, and other providers to measure the effectiveness of our publicity efforts through on-line advertising.
This involves the use of web beacons (these are also referred to as ‘pixel tags’ or ‘clear gifs’) to provide us with statistical information about site traffic and how people navigate through our site. Web beacons are typically transparent graphic images placed on a site. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies to measure the actions of visitors on web sites. We may use web beacons to obtain information such as the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, and the type of browser used to view the page.
We may also use web beacons in marketing emails sent by our system. If you receive the HTML formatted version of such emails and your email is configured to download images, a record of whether or not you open the email (and, if you open the email, how frequently you open it) will be saved with your subscriber history. Your engagement with the content of the communication (such as which links you click on) will also be recorded.
We may use this information in aggregated form to give us an indication of the popularity of content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting. We may also use the information to publish more content relevant to users in future issues and to unsubscribe recipients who haven't opened our emails for a period of time.
How to control and delete cookies
The majority of web browsers accept cookies, but you can usually change the web browser’s settings to refuse new cookies, disable existing ones or simply let you know when new ones are sent to your device.
In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility) or you can click on the links below to access instructions from some of the most popular browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Safari Mobile
For more information on how to manage cookies, please visit http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm.
However, please be aware that, if you refuse or disable cookies, some of the website’s functionality may be lost.
In addition, disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
If you have any queries in relation to this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.