Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Segmatic is a technology-focused digital marketing agency providing managed services, software solutions and consultancy on paid search advertising to clients including 2K Games, TM Lewin and Photobox.
Our paid search methodology achieves outstanding results for our clients. We built the Segmatic Platform to implement our methodology, to automate everything that can be automated so we can spend our time thinking about the big picture. The core of our business is managed services - a dedicated Segmatic team assigned to run a client’s paid search campaigns. We also provide consultancy services to a limited number of clients, and in Q2 we will launch the Segmatic Platform as a self-serve solution.
About the Team/Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Business Intelligence developer to drive the company’s BI function forward.
This is a fast-paced and demanding role in Segmatic’s BI team. You’ll be responsible for providing business information across all of Segmatic’s teams using a range of approaches, from designing and scheduling reports for email delivery to developing advanced analytical applications using state-of-the-art BI. You will gain a deep understanding of the business, and combine this with prior experience of delivering high quality, strategic, enterprise-class BI solutions at a senior level.
The position is ideal for a hard-working and ambitious person who wants to join a fast-growing start-up. You will join a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people from diverse backgrounds who have operated at the highest levels of eCommerce in Ireland, the UK and the USA.
The role demands a level of creativity and initiative, finding solutions to gather, analyse and disseminate data from new and emerging sources. We want someone with a development background and an engineering mindset, and with a strong track record of building reliable, end-to-end solutions to meet BI needs.
- Supporting the company’s development function with long-term planning for BI solutions, and helping to develop big-picture solutions to emerging BI challenges.
- Developing robust, easy-to-use, insightful BI solutions with a develop once, use many times approach.
- Managing and maintaining Segmatic’s automated BI environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
You will have a balance of most of the following qualities, and hopefully a few that we haven’t thought of:
- Business intelligence experience: 3 to 5 years of senior BI experience, preferably in an eCommerce environment.
- Data: You have experience of implementing data solutions in MS Azure and other cloud environments and a strong track record of building data platforms using cloud technologies, built on an understanding of database and data warehouse principles and methodologies.-
- Development: Experience of re-developing existing systems end-to-end, making them more effective and reliable.
- Technical ability: You have a passion for new technologies, and for developing solutions that are reliable and stand the test of time. You can create scalable, robust, production-ready code in Python, C#, Java or another object-oriented language, and you have a deep understanding of SQL and BI analytical engines. Knowledge and experience of API programming is highly desired.
- Numerate, analytical, and curious: You’re able to quickly digest large amounts of information, perform analysis and identify next steps and inform business decisions.
- Collaboration: You have excellent interpersonal skills, and can interact effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organisation, including senior management. You’re able to persuade colleagues, bring people along with your thinking, and where necessary defend your ideas and push back against resistance from management.
- Agile learning: You can quickly pick up the information and skills you need to deliver results, and effectively disseminate information and learning to your team.
- Accountability: You’re self-directed, and comfortable working independently and acting on initiative. With strong planning and time management skills, you can set goals and targets for yourself and direct reports, scope out work and set detailed delivery plans for the team. You’re committed to performance and delivering on the bottom line.
Permanent contract. Salary is very competitive, commensurate with experience.
Applications will be processed as they are received.
Apply with CV & subject line Senior Business Intelligence Developer | NAME to firstname.lastname@example.org