Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives — from IT and engineering to marketing, psychology and history. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
At Segmatic we believe in rewarding excellence and performance. We review everyone’s salary every six months.
Segmatic delivers results, plain and simple. In fact, we are so committed to this philosophy that we bill our clients based on performance. This is popular with our growing client base, which includes T.M. Lewin, Betfair, Volusion, and Photobox.
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page.
About the Team/Role:
This is a fast-paced and intensive position within the Business Intelligence team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing business information to all team members within Segmatic. Information is provided using a variety of methods; from designing and scheduling reports for email delivery, through to developing advanced analytical applications using state-of-the-art BI.
This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Business Intelligence Developer to help advance the Business Intelligence capacity of the company. They will marry this understanding of the business with their prior experience to deliver high quality, enterprise-class Business Intelligence solutions.
This position would be ideal for a hard-working and ambitious person who wants to join a fast-growing start-up. They would be joining a team whose management have operated at the highest levels of eCommerce in the UK & Ireland.
- Develop robust, easy to use and insightful B.I. Solutions.
- Develop B.I. Solutions with a develop once, use many times approach. Our main stack is Microsoft Azure, but we’re open to using the right tool if it fits.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the production of our automated B.I. Environment.
- Assist the Development function with long-term planning for B.I. Solutions.
- Always to question the rational and irrational.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years B.I. experience. Preferably within an eCommerce environment, however that is not required.
- Experience of implementing Data solutions in MS Azure or an alternative Cloud environment.
- Deep understanding of SQL and B.I. Analytical engines.
- Strong understanding of Database / Data Warehouse principles and methodologies.
- Highly numerate and strong technical skills. Ability to quickly digest large amounts of information, perform analysis and identify next steps to make business decisions based on data.
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills across all levels.
- Driving Results - Constant focus on delivering the business bottom line.
- Planning and Time management - Set goals and targets for yourself and direct reports. Scope out work and set detailed delivery plans for the team.
- Learning on the Fly - Quickly pick up new information that you need to do your job. Impart this ability and knowledge onto team.
- A passion for new technologies and developing things the right way.
- API programming highly desired.
Permanent contract. Salary is very competitive, commensurate with experience.
Applications will be processed as they are received.
Apply with CV & subject line Senior Business Intelligence Developer | NAME to email@example.com