Senior Analyst - Data Science
Segmatic is a technology-focused digital marketing agency providing managed services, software solutions and consultancy on to a range of clients including 2K Games, TM Lewin and Photobox.
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search advertising. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office in a team of 46 who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
This role would be exclusively focused on our 2K client. They are expanding their relationship with us rapidly, including a large number of roles with the broad Analytics & Insight field.
About the Team/Role:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Working with the Global Analytics and Insights team. Data is at the heart of what we (Segmatic & 2K Analytics) do. We consider ourselves to be the most rigorous, numerate & data-driven evangelists in the company & industry. This team covers all aspects of Data Engineering, Business Intelligence and Data Science for the organisation worldwide. It is dual located between San Francisco & Dublin.
At the heart of this ambitious outlook is our Data Science Team. From performance analytics to predictive modelling, we consistently aim to put numbers behind the decisions we make. The successful candidate will be a core member of this team, and will be given the opportunity to develop original and innovative solutions to the wide range of challenging problems that stand between 2K gaming and world domination.
This position will report directly to the Analytics Lead in the Dublin office.
Each week in 2K a myriad of problems will come across your desk. Equipped with a logical mind-set, a wide range of technical skills and a firm focus, you will be encouraged to solve these problems and thereby improve the performance of the company as a whole.
The approach to solving these problems are split into 3 distinct types of tasks:
- Day-to-Day Data Analysis: The successful candidate will regularly work with a range of different stakeholders to help them better understand the game performance. This process often involves utilising existing data-sets and developing reports to solve pressing business problems.
- Advanced Data Analytics: Certain problems require in-depth thought & time to solve. The successful candidate will often deep-dive into specific significant problems which require multiple weeks to resolve. This process often involves sourcing a diverse range of weird and wonderful data-sets, and developing techniques to easily access the valuable insight hidden therein.
- Predictive Modelling: Certain problems require long-term solutions. When these are identified, development of a predictive model is commissioned and worked on. These projects often take multiple months to complete. The successful candidate is likely to be tasked with building models which predicts specific aspects of customer behaviour.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have a balance of most of the following qualities, and hopefully a few that we haven’t thought of:
- Numerate, analytical, and curious: This role requires numerical, analytical, and technical ability, all at a high level. Ability to apply these abilities, creatively and consistently, to real world problems in a fast-paced business setting.
- Data: A minimum of 3 years of experience in a data-driven environment, and a track-record of high-quality output and innovation. Able to source, process, store and analyse large data sets.
- Technical ability: Advanced technical skills are desirable, for example SQL, Python, C#/VB/Java, and Excel.
- Agile learning: You’re highly motivated and a quick learner.
- Accountability: You have the confidence and ability to tackle new initiatives with little guidance.
Remuneration and how to apply:
The salary for this role is very competitive, and commensurate with experience. Other benefits include a company phone, gym membership, and company lunches and social events.
Apply by sending your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Senior Analyst - Data Science | YOUR NAME’
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page