Lead Software Architect
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives — from IT and engineering to marketing, psychology and history. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
At Segmatic we believe in rewarding excellence and performance. We review everyone’s salary every six months.
Segmatic delivers results, plain and simple. In fact, we are so committed to this philosophy that we bill our clients based on performance. This is popular with our growing client base, which includes T.M. Lewin, Betfair, Volusion, and Photobox.
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page.
About the Team/Role:
The successful candidate will be involved in the architecture and development of Segmatic’s B2B SaaS platform and other development operations as part of the Product Development Team. Working at the cutting edge of technology development for paid search marketing, the Product Development team’s job is to develop and optimise the automated software platform that we use in-house to manage massive, complex paid search campaigns. This powerful, market-changing platform gives our Performance Marketing teams a massive competitive advantage and we plan to offer it to other companies in the future.
This fast-paced role will involve assessing current platforms, and assisting with architecture design. In addition to hands-on technical work, the Lead Software Architect will work with the Product team and other cross-functional teams from different areas of the business to crystalise technical requirements and propose technical roadmaps. The role will involve contributing to company-wide development and engineering initiatives as part of Segmatic’s Product management team.
This position would be ideal for a hard-working individual who has a strong interest in innovative technologies and delivering a web-based, enterprise product for the online-advertising industry.
- Provide leadership and direction as it relates to design and implementation for various SaaS products in the company.
- Acts as a single point of contact for all Product architecture related queries.
- Work with the Product Team to ensure that Product solutions meet the business requirements and necessary criteria and standards.
- Assess, document and design current systems in addition to proposing and leading any necessary product design and/or environment changes.
- Be an advocate of new tools, methodologies and development best-practices, focusing on scalability of solutions and reducing technical debt.
- Research, recommend and contribute to the improvement technical standards and operating practices, being willing to suggest upgrades to the SaaS environment when necessary.
- Assess and document current systems in addition to developing and proposing any necessary product design and/or environment changes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent subject matter.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in SaaS programming, with a track-record of high-quality output and work ethic.
- Solid understanding of MySQL and php.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and development processes is a plus.
- Experience in architecting large, complex web-based applications with many components and contributors.
- Planning and Time management - An ability to coordinate multiple deliverables and timelines at once, whilst identifying and managing the dependencies and risks that might impact delivery.
- Driving Results - Constant focus on delivering top quality SaaS products and enhancements,which meet user/business requirements.
- Attention to Detail - Data driven and analytical mindset and approach to work and an ability to set detailed delivery plans for the team.
- Communicating with Impact - Excellent communication and reporting skills, with great attention to detail and an understanding of when to resolve/escalate issues.
- Learning on the Fly - Ability to digest large amounts of information and quickly understand the business and user goals that underpin the product roadmap and functionality requirements.
Permanent contract. Salary is very competitive, commensurate with experience.
Applications will be processed as they are received.
Apply with CV & subject line Lead Software Architect | NAME to email@example.com