Junior Software Architect
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search. We are building a team of growth-focused, creative and analytical people who are eager to learn and get satisfaction from working effectively.
At Segmatic we believe in rewarding competence, performance and dependability. We review everyone’s salary every six months. We also believe in being effective and efficient in what we do; we don’t work for the sake of working, instead we work to get things done so that we can enjoy the other parts of our lives.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives — from IT and engineering to marketing, psychology and history. We think outside the box, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
Segmatic delivers results, plain and simple. In fact, we are so committed to this philosophy that we bill our clients based on performance. This is popular with our growing client base, which includes T.M. Lewin, Betfair, Volusion, and Photobox.
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page.
About the Team/Role:
The successful candidate will be involved in the development of Segmatic’s B2B SaaS platform and other development operations as part of the Product Development Team. Working at the cutting edge of technology development for paid search marketing, the Product Development team’s job is to develop and optimise the automated software platform that we use in-house to manage multiple paid search campaigns. This powerful, market-changing platform gives our Performance Marketing teams a massive competitive advantage and we plan to offer it to other companies in the future.
This exciting role will involve assessing current platforms,assisting with architecture design and investigating ways to improve and grow the product. The role will touch all stages of the software feature development lifecycle, from conceptualisation with the product manager, to development, deployment and maintenance. In addition to hands-on technical work, the candidate will work with the Product team and other cross-functional teams from different areas of the business to crystalise technical requirements and provide input on the technical roadmaps. The role will involve contributing to company-wide development and engineering initiatives as part of Segmatic’s Product Development team.
This position would be ideal for a dedicated, adaptable individual who has an interest in innovative technologies and delivering a web-based, enterprise product for the online-advertising industry.
- Understand the complex business needs and experiences of users, helping to translate them into technical requirements with the Product Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Management and Development teams to conceptualise product solutions and support new development on the technical roadmap.
- Familiar with SQL and/or experience working in developing SaaS systems.
- Be an advocate of development best-practices, focusing on scalability of solutions and reducing technical debt.
- Research, recommend and contribute to the improvement of technical standards and operating practices, whilst being willing to suggest upgrades to the SaaS platform when necessary.
- Assess and document current systems in addition to developing and proposing any necessary product design and/or environment changes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Third Level Education in Information Technology or equivalent subject matter, or relevant work experience in the area.
- Passionate about working in a growing and innovative SaaS company, with an appetite to constantly learn and develop new skills to support the role .
- Planning and Time management - An ability to coordinate multiple deliverables and timelines at once, whilst identifying and managing the dependencies and risks that might impact delivery.
- Driving Results - Constant focus on delivering top quality SAS products and enhancements, which meet user/business requirements.
- Attention to Detail - Logical and structured mindset and approach to work and an ability to set detailed delivery plans for the team.
- Communicating with Impact - Strong communication a skills, with great attention to detail and an understanding of when to resolve/escalate issues.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and development processes is a plus.
Permanent contract. Salary is very competitive, commensurate with experience.
Applications will be processed as they are received.
Apply with CV & subject line Junior Software Architect | NAME to email@example.com