Fast Track Graduate Programme - Online Marketing Analyst
Currently recruiting for intake July 2020.
Segmatic employs 46 people in Dublin and San Francisco. We’re growing fast, and building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are passionate about working on the cutting edge of internet business.
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives — from IT and engineering to marketing, psychology and history. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
At Segmatic we believe in rewarding excellence and performance. We review everyone’s salary every six months.
Segmatic delivers results, plain and simple. In fact, we are so committed to this philosophy that we bill our clients based on performance. This is popular with our growing client base, which includes T.M. Lewin, Betfair, Volusion, and Photobox.
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page.
Revenue growth graph
X Axis Title: From H1 2015 Baseline
We’re growing quickly and breaking new ground, which means lots of opportunities to lead on new projects and advance in the company.
Grad Training Programme
All grads start with a 12 month training programme that’s led by Segmatic’s directors. After three months you’ll begin a rotation system designed to give you extensive experience of different aspects of online marketing. After 12 months we expect grads to be challenging us and influencing our thinking about how to do online marketing.
The graduate programme is exclusively focused on working for our client 2K, where we operate in all aspects of online marketing include Paid Search, Social, Display, SEO & Email.
Months 1, 2 & 3: On-the job training with senior management.
- You’ll be given realistic tasks and challenges to complete.
- These tasks are designed to give you a fundamental grounding in operating in an advanced eCommerce business, ranging from developing logical ability, data manipulation or marketing strategy.
At the start of month 4, you start a rotation programme. Each rotation is 3 months long. This is designed to give you an extensive over-view of online marketing, including exposure to different games that are being promoted and different aspects of online marketing (advertising spend, marketing technology, data analytics).
- You’ll be managing €100,000 to €250,000 per month in advertising budget for a specific game/advertising platform.
- You'll be working with people who have done the graduate programme in the 3 previous years
- We’ll be watching your work closely, leading you step-by step. However, we will start putting more and more responsibility on you during this period.
Months 6 to 9 are when things get interesting:
- During the 2nd rotation (Months 6-9), You’ll keep managing an account, but you’ll be suggesting the approach, and what actions to take.
- We’ll talk through your decisions with you before you take any action.
Months 9 to 12 are when things start to change:
- We expect you to start challenging us, debating with us and telling us where you think we’re wrong.
- You’ll start to win arguments, and influence our thinking on paid search.
- We’ll start to change how we work, based on your suggestions.
We’re serious about this. Our grads bring fresh perspectives and new ways of looking at problems. Their ideas should, and do, lead to company-wide changes in how we operate.
By that point, you’ll be trained in everything from advanced Excel and reporting to every aspect of paid search, e-commerce and our unique approach to work and project management. Our approach to paid search touches on every aspect of a business, from pricing strategy to data analysis and sales, so you’ll be prepared to take on any e-commerce role and succeed in it.
Our goal is to equip every grad with three fundamental skill sets - analytical, technical and business. Very few people possess all three, but they’re all essential to success in paid search advertising. We want to work with smart people who have the potential to develop these skills.
Who do we recruit?
We look for graduates from all backgrounds to work in all areas of our business. The Segmatic team comes from all sorts of different backgrounds - history, philosophy, psychology, business, economics, IT, marketing, and engineering.
No matter where you’re coming from, if you’re smart, curious and hard working we want you in our grad programme.
Compensation, and opportunities
The starting salary for the grad programme is €32,000, with salary reviews every six months. If you start the grad programme today, you could be making €50,000 in three years.
As well as the salary, we offer membership of a city centre gym, work phone and regular team activities and nights out. Our office is on Dawson Street, in the heart of Dublin.
Our grads go on to do amazing things for Segmatic. Past grads are working on exciting things like high level semantic analysis and machine learning, or managing €3 million a month in ad spend.
How we recruit
A lot of companies have fun and quirky processes for deciding who gets onto their grad programme. We keep our recruitment process short and straightforward, assessing for the things that we know are critical to success in our company.
We want to hire grads who have an aptitude for analytical thinking, we test for that. 80% of our hiring decision is based on a test that looks a three essential qualities:
- Quantiative skills
- Qualitative skills
- The ability to learn new things
If you think you have these aptitudes, we think you’ll thrive at Segmatic. So apply for our grad programme here.
Why work in paid search?
We want our team to do their best work at Segmatic, to challenge themselves, learn and grow in their roles. So we invest in our staff. You will learn directly from founders who spend a lot of their time sharing skills and experience with the team.
Paid search is a microcosm of e-commerce. If you’re doing it right, it touches on every aspect of a business. Working at Segmatic, you will get experience of client relations and business development, performance marketing, proposition, business marketing, investment principles, general business strategy and more.
At the highest end of paid search, you will work on things like natural language processing, predictive modelling and machine learning.
- Auction Marketing [Google]: Campaign Strategy, Campaign Creation, Campaign Optimisation and Campaign Reporting.
- Marketing Optimisation: Effective optimisation of online marketing campaigns driving significant increases in new customer acquisition.
- Creativity: Utilisation of cutting edge auction marketing technology ensuring Segmatic is a market leader in the area.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Highly numerate and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly digest large amounts of data, perform analysis and identify trends to make business decisions based on data. Excel expertise a bonus.
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Self Starter and quick learner. Confidence and ability to tackle new initiatives with little guidance
- Graduate Role – Minimum 2.1 Demonstrated ability to perform numerical analysis – for example a minimum C1 in Higher Level Leaving Certificate Mathematics
All applications for the grad intake for 2019 are finished. We are now recruiting for the grad intake for 2020.
Applications will be processed as they are received.
Apply with CV (with full information regarding academic grades) & subject line “Online Marketing Analyst – Grad Programme | NAME” to firstname.lastname@example.org