Chief Technical Officer
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives — from IT and engineering to marketing, psychology and history. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
At Segmatic we believe in rewarding excellence and performance. We review everyone’s salary every six months.
Segmatic delivers results, plain and simple. In fact, we are so committed to this philosophy that we bill our clients based on performance. This is popular with our growing client base, which includes T.M. Lewin, Betfair, Volusion, and Photobox.
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page.
About the Team/Role:
This is a fast-paced, strategic and intensive position, that sees the candidate as part of the Management team and Product Development team.
The successful candidate will be managing the development of Segmatic’s platform and all other development operations.
Development is currently managed off-shore, with a team of four developers working out of the Ukraine. Long-Term goals for the company would be developing additional in-house development resources, with the successful candidate recruiting an internal team to operate an on-shore & off-shore model. The CTO would be responsible for both of these teams.
The platform functionality has already been developed (php framework), with it currently being in operation for multiple clients. This process has been managed by one of the founders.
However, there is still significant development requirements, both in terms of functionality and the challenges of scaling the platform.
This position would be ideal for a hard-working and ambitious person who wants to join a management team of a fast-growing start-up. They would be joining a management team who have operated at the highest levels of eCommerce in the UK & Ireland, and would be expected to deliver significant improvements on our current development approach.
Management & Project Management
- Ability to manage, grow and develop the off-shore and in-house development teams of 4 team members.
- The team is expected to grow up to 8 people over the next 2 years.
- Provide leadership, vision and hands-on support to all technical areas of the company while overseeing the technical aspects of the Product Management team.
- Demonstrated experience at successful project management, especially working in a fast-paced and iterative process.
- Develop and manage the company’s strategic approach to development, prioritizing, developing and executing technical deliverables to support the long-term business vision of the company.
- Identify emerging or existing technologies, processes and tools to fill gaps in the business, improve efficiency and stay competitive within the performance marketing space.
- Ensure scalable technology best practices are maintained across the business, such as overseeing coding standards, reducing technical debt and addressing user-product problems in an efficient and scalable manner.
- Work with the rest of the product management and development team to develop and deliver high-quality products.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- An ability to motivate and develop ambitious and talented people whilst at the same time being open to feedback and evaluation.
- Planning and Time management.
- Set goals and targets for yourself and direct reports.
- Ability to scope out work and set detailed delivery plans for the team.
- Comfort with quickly picking up new information that you need to do your job and imparting this ability and knowledge onto the team.
- Strong leadership track record of effectively managing other developers of varying levels. Off-shore management experience is beneficial.
Highly numerate and strong technical skills
- Familiarity with system integration via API’s, version control management systems (GitHub), Cloud-based platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure) and other Dev-Ops.
- Experience with agile methodologies and development tools is a plus.
- Ability to quickly digest large amounts of information, perform analysis and identify next steps to make business decisions based on data.
- Data driven and analytical, creating and managing through an environment of performance indicators and analysis.
Passionate about working in a growing, fast-paced and innovative performance marketing company.
Permanent contract. Salary is very competitive, commensurate with experience.
Applications will be processed as they are received.
Apply with CV & subject line Chief Technical Officer | NAME to firstname.lastname@example.org