– Commercial Strategy - NBA International Business Lead - Live Services
Segmatic is a technology-focused digital marketing agency providing managed services, software solutions and consultancy on to a range of clients including 2K Games, TM Lewin and Photobox.
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search advertising. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office in a team of 46 who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
This role would be exclusively focused on our 2K client. They are expanding their relationship with us rapidly, including a large number of roles with the broad Analytics & Insight field.
About the Team/Role:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
NBA 2K is developed by Visual Concepts under license with the NBA and is one of the industry’s top titles having sold more than 90MM units worldwide since its launch in 1999. Its latest release is highly anticipated every year and available across console, PC, mobile platforms. The NBA 2K brand is well-known not only a gaming phenomenon, but also increasingly a lifestyle and culture icon year-round.
This role is part of the NBA 2K Commercial Operations team that is responsible for its P&L, business strategy, and operations globally. We partner across the organisation through influence and relationships to orchestrate a unified, effective, and scalable effort. At any given moment we are the supporter, leader, approver, and/or responsible party with other internal and external teams.
This position will report directly to the Dublin VP, who will be liaising with the Commercial Director in Novato/Seattle.
We are seeking an International Business Lead to lead Live Services strategy and drive execution for the NBA 2K franchise. This role will be responsible for enhancing the user experience and growing our players’ engagement with by creating, prioritizing and executing impactful strategies and that help our players to start playing and continue playing. In order to deliver on these results, this role will develop and refine a data-driven and testing-based approach that delivers amazing experiences for our players while leading to growing engagement and retention. This role will partner with a team of analysts, as well as work cross functionally with brand marketing, performance marketing, product development and other key teams, to identify, model and execute solutions.
• You will be responsible for developing, prioritizing and executing on data-driven strategies to grow engagement with our games. Success will be measured by growing and sustaining core engagement KPIs.
• The right candidate will be able to develop a framework around which to understand and value engagement in our games, considering user demographics and behavior, including games modes played, platform trends and other inputs.
• This framework should incorporate lifetime value based on game engagement, revenue, retention and other key variables.
• You will then translate this framework into a strategy that identifies and prioritizes potential high value areas of investment to drive specific user activities at different points in the customer lifecycle. In order to do this, the right candidate will:
• Consider the appropriate touch points to drive the desired results, including on-boarding of new players, churn prevention and mode engagement
• Partner with marketing, analytics and development teams on planning, execution and analysis for in-game promotions, objectives, live events and other engagement marketing campaigns
• Work cross functionally to ensure the execution of these tactics, including prioritizing resource investments to develop, test, deploy, operate and evaluate the impact of these tactics.
• This role will be responsible for working collaboratively with and gaining buy-in to their strategy from a variety of teams, including product, marketing and data science.
• You will be responsible for providing business and game analysis across regions and platforms that help partner teams to develop strategies of their own.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 7+ years of professional experience in fast-paced, dynamic, consumer-focused technology companies
• 3+ years of experience with lifecycle marketing/management or customer growth roles
• Proven leadership and influence with cross-functional, operating teams that built execution success with positive teamwork and morale
• Strong analytical, quantitative skills and business judgement to drive sophisticated scenario models and apply insights to strategy and planning
• Past roles with global execution is a plus
• Past roles with start-ups is a plus
• Video games industry experience is a plus
The salary for this role is very competitive, and commensurate with experience. Other benefits include a company phone, gym membership, and company lunches and social events.
Apply by sending your CV and Portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Commercial Strategy - NBA International Business Lead - Live Services | YOUR NAME’.
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page