– Data Support Engineer
Segmatic is a technology-focused digital marketing agency providing managed services, software solutions and consultancy on to a range of clients including 2K Games, TM Lewin and Photobox.
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search advertising. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office in a team of 46 who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
This role would be exclusively focused on our 2K client. They are expanding their relationship with us rapidly, including a large number of roles with the broad Analytics & Insight field.
About the Team/Role:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Working with the Global Analytics and Insights team. Data is at the heart of what we (Segmatic & 2K Analytics) do. We consider ourselves to be the most rigorous, numerate & data-driven evangelists in the company & industry. This team covers all aspects of Data Engineering, Business Intelligence and Data Science for the organisation worldwide. It is dual located between San Francisco & Dublin.
At the heart of this ambitious outlook is our Data Engineering Team. From performance analytics to predictive modelling, without a solid data engineering structure analytics will fail to function. The successful candidate will be a core member of this team, and will be given the opportunity to develop original and innovative solutions to the wide range of challenging problems that stand between 2K gaming and world domination.
This position is ideal for a high-quality operator who has a number of years’ experience in a numerical environment, and who harbours an ambition to deliver high-impact solutions within a small & tight-knit team.
This position will report directly to the BI Manager in the Dublin office.
- Work very closely with data engineering team to deploying data and analytics applications into production.
- Ensure proper documentation exist for data pipelines during transition, develop and maintain the run books.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and fix the data pipelines that feed our Data warehouse system.
- Automate monitoring and alerting downstream systems on outages and failures.
- Own minor bug fixes and enhancements on existing data feeds in partnership with Data engineering team.
- Provide feedback to data engineering team on design and implementation of data pipelines
- Work with Systems engineering, vendors in resolving the outages.
- Manage and administer the Data and analytical systems as required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting or maintaining complex data pipelines solutions, on AWS cloud, Snowflake data warehouse.
- You have supported applications or experience in designing and building data pipelines using SQL, Airflow and Python.
- You have strong scripting experience using shell, python or similar.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex technical issues involving multiple technologies, teams.
- Knowledge of BI integration tools such as Tableau, Qlik, etc.
The salary for this role is very competitive, and commensurate with experience. Other benefits include a company phone, gym membership, and company lunches and social events.
Apply by sending your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Data Support Engineer | YOUR NAME’
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page