Business Development Executive
Segmatic is a technology-focused digital marketing agency providing managed services, software solutions and consultancy on paid search advertising to clients including 2K Games, TM Lewin and Photobox.
Our paid search methodology achieves outstanding results for our clients. We built the Segmatic Platform to implement our methodology, to automate everything that can be automated so we can spend our time thinking about the big picture. The core of our business is managed services - a dedicated Segmatic team assigned to run a client’s paid search campaigns. We also provide consultancy services to a limited number of clients, and in Q2 we will launch the Segmatic Platform as a self-serve solution.
About the Team/Role:
This role is an opportunity to advance our work in sales, business development, and marketing, to contribute to the direction of business development, and to grow and progress within Segmatic. You’ll join colleagues from a range of backgrounds and perspectives in our fast-growing Dublin city-centre office, and learn from industry leaders in digital marketing and ecommerce.
The business development team develops and delivers our strategy to grow Segmatic by acquiring new clients across our managed service, self-serve, and consulting businesses. We seek out and engage with large, established companies and high-growth start-ups across industries and around the world. We work to understand their needs and how Segmatic can help them. And, we bring them on as clients.
This is a fast-paced, creative, and flexible role: it is a chance to learn first-hand how a growth engine for a technology-focused, global company operates and scales.
This role has four main responsibilities, which are set out below, and will involve day-to-day responsibility for different tasks across these. The role will evolve as the company grows, and as you develop new skills and experience.
- Generating leads: Identifying and generating high-quality client leads through scalable demand generation strategies and processes, across marketing, digital advertising, and market development.
- Converting leads: Engaging with and qualifying potential clients by understanding their needs and challenges, and identifying and communicating the value Segmatic can deliver for their business.
- Closing support: Working directly with and managing the company directors through the sales closing process, supporting them to close qualified leads and assisting with sales and pitch materials.
- Operations and analysis: Overseeing aspects of our business development processes, analysing data on our performance, and suggesting and implementing improvements. This includes data and other analysis, and use of communication digital marketing, as well as sales tracking platforms and tools.
You will also be expected to keep up to date on product and market developments, and competitor practices.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills, and qualities, and hopefully a few that we haven’t thought of. Above all, we want someone who is truly excited by the opportunity to excel in this role.
- Education: At least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in any undergraduate or masters degree.
- Professional: 0-2 years professional work experience, preferably some of it client-facing. This can include internships and voluntary work.
- Impactful communicator: Effective in communication with different audiences; delivers clear and compelling arguments and ideas that are tailored to the audience. Listens actively and intently, and asks good questions. Enjoys engaging with people at all levels. Able to write, edit, and proof well.
- Numerate, analytical, and curious: Comfortable analysing and drawing insights from data sets to solve problems and continuously improve the way we develop business opportunities. Must have qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Technically adept: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google equivalents, and able to adapt to and learn new technologies and tools.
- Always learning and developing: Actively seeks out and takes on board feedback. Enjoys the process of developing, testing, and refining ideas, and having those ideas challenged.
- Accountable: Happy to take on responsibility to set and deliver on goals. Comfortable managing competing priorities.
- Quality focused: Brings an eye for detail and quality to every aspect of their work. Drives quality standards through how they work and what they deliver.
- Collaborative: Adaptable and team-oriented, enjoys taking on personal and collective responsibility. Excellent interpersonal skills: able to interact with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organisation, including senior management.
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Business development executive | YOUR NAME’. Applications will be processed as they are received.
This position will have a permanent contract. The salary is very competitive, commensurate with experience.
We are committed to diversity throughout our business, including in our hiring.