Data Ops Lead
Segmatic is a technology-focused digital marketing agency providing managed services, software solutions and consultancy on to a range of clients including 2K Games, TM Lewin and Photobox.
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search advertising. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office in a team of 46 who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
This role would be exclusively focused on our 2K client. They are expanding their relationship with us rapidly, including a large number of roles with the broad Analytics & Insight field.
About the Team/Role:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Working with the Global Analytics and Insights team. Data is at the heart of what we (Segmatic & 2K Analytics) do. We consider ourselves to be the most rigorous, numerate & data-driven evangelists in the company & industry. This team covers all aspects of Data Engineering, Business Intelligence and Data Science for the organisation worldwide. It is dual located between San Francisco & Dublin.
At the heart of this ambitious outlook is our Data Engineering Team. From performance analytics to predictive modelling, without a solid data engineering structure analytics will fail to function. The successful candidate will be a core member of this team, and will be given the opportunity to develop original and innovative solutions to the wide range of challenging problems that stand between 2K gaming and world domination.
This position is ideal for a high-quality operator who has a number of years’ experience in a numerical environment, and who harbours an ambition to deliver high-impact solutions within a small & tight-knit team.
This position will report directly to the BI Manager in the Dublin office.
- Develop Data Ops strategy in partnership with Data engineering and analytics team.
- Act as central point person for all data assets in the data warehouse and guide the team in navigating the data warehouse.
- Identify data quality issues and work with Data engineering team towards the resolution.
- Collect and documents Data requirements from Data scientists and analysts.
- Work with Data architect to ensure all data needs are addressed and made available to stakeholders in time.
- Develop relationship with source system owners, establish communication channel and stay ahead with releases and impact to Data warehouse systems.
- Define and build Data health dashboard to provide visibility to stakeholders.
- Develop automated alerts on data quality issue on day to day operations, keep all stake holders on any outages.
- Communicate with all stakeholders on all data quality issues in time and follow through the resolution.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience in leading data operations in a fast-paced work environment with strong analytical ability.
- Experience dealing with complex data relationships, working ambiguous circumstances, and effectively communicating across a diverse team.
- Recent development experience with Tableau or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and large data sets, project management, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Hands on SQL skills in writing complex SQL queries to validate data and quickly answer
- Proactively identify the potential data quality issues and implement checks.
Remuneration and how to apply:
The salary for this role is very competitive, and commensurate with experience. Other benefits include a company phone, gym membership, and company lunches and social events.
Apply by sending your CV and Portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Data Ops Lead | YOUR NAME’
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page