Segmatic is a technology-focused digital marketing agency providing managed services, software solutions and consultancy on to a range of clients including 2K Games, TM Lewin and Photobox.
Segmatic is a performance marketing agency and technology platform established in 2014 to bring the highest level of analytical rigour to Paid Search advertising. We are building a team of exceptional, creative, analytical people who are focused on performance and eager to learn.
You’ll join colleagues in our Dublin city centre office in a team of 46 who come from a range of backgrounds and perspectives. We work hard, challenge each other, and together we achieve great things.
This role would be exclusively focused on our 2K client. They are expanding their relationship with us rapidly, including a large number of roles with the broad Analytics & Insight field.
About the Team/Role:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Working with the Global Analytics and Insights team. Data is at the heart of what we (Segmatic & 2K Analytics) do. We consider ourselves to be the most rigorous, numerate & data-driven evangelists in the company & industry. This team covers all aspects of Data Engineering, Business Intelligence and Data Science for the organisation worldwide. It is dual located between San Francisco & Dublin.
At the heart of this ambitious outlook is our Data Engineering Team. From performance analytics to predictive modelling, without a solid data engineering structure analytics will fail to function. The successful candidate will be a core member of this team, and will be given the opportunity to develop original and innovative solutions to the wide range of challenging problems that stand between 2K gaming and world domination.
This position is ideal for a high-quality operator who has a number of years’ experience in a numerical environment, and who harbours an ambition to deliver high-impact solutions within a small & tight-knit team.
This position will report directly to the BI Manager in the Dublin office.
- Define and build the Business Intelligence strategy for 2K games.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to collect dashboard requirements, implement BI solutions that meet their needs, while making sure the priorities for your team are properly aligned to business needs.
- Define and develop BI dashboarding standards and ensure adherence from the development community.
- Lead and manage through any conflict resolution with competing demands with our various stakeholders and backlogs.
- Take a leadership role in effectively communicating to the team, project expectations and timelines in a timely and clear fashion.
- Responsible for the overall success of the BI team’s deliverables and work with the to ensure timely and quality delivery of dashboards.
- Partner with Data engineers in validating data, accuracy and availability.
- Hire and Mentor the BI developers, help them grow professionally.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Recent development experience with Tableau or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and large data sets, project management, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Strong Knowledge of databases and Data modeling concepts and querying tools (Snowflake, Vertica, AWS Athena)
- Experience interacting database though complex SQL queries and interpreting the data.
- Prior experience managing teams & interactions across multiple continents and different time zone is preferable.
Remuneration and how to apply:
The salary for this role is very competitive, and commensurate with experience. Other benefits include a company phone, gym membership, and company lunches and social events.
Apply by sending your CV and Portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line ‘BI Manager | YOUR NAME’
Find out more about what it’s like to work with Segmatic on our careers page